10 Best Data Analytics Books you should Read to Get Started
Analytics is one of the most booming fields currently in the IT field and everyone wants to enter into it. But most of them are not finding the right path. And so, with this best data analytics book post, we are trying to solve the problem of those.
These best data analytics books will help you enter into the dream field of data and further you can expand it. The best thing is, all these are data analytics for beginner books. That means to say, we are drafting this book considering the new people in mind who are just trying to enter the data analytics.
First of all, it is one of the most growing fields and the early you will enter here, the more you will gain.
So, let’s start and see the 10 best data analytics books you should have to get started with data analytics right now.
Best Data Analytics books to enter the data field right now!
Although these are not the only data analysis books that will take you to the field of amazing data but yeah, these are one of the best for sure.
We have captured these details following the beginners in mind and will focus the data analysis books for beginners only. For the advanced level, we will write separately.
#1 Data Analytics: Advanced Strategies to Learn and Execute Data Analytics programming
- Author Name: Daniel Jone
- Publisher Name: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Number of pages: 44
- Price: $2.76 for kindle edition and $15.38 for paper book
- Amazon Rating: 4.6/5 (based on the feedback of 12 readers)
This is one of the easiest data analytics books for beginners. And even the most cost-effective as well. The book has been authored by Daniel who is considered as the expert in the data analytics field.
The book majorly covers the following topics-
- Excel’s Analysis Toolpak
- Advanced Analytics
- Driver Analysis and much more
Data analytics is a field that is required for every business and you should definitely leverage the opportunity.
#2 People Analytics
- Book Name: The Basic Principles of People Analytics: Learn how to use HR data to drive better outcomes for your business and employees
- Author Name: Erik van Vulpen and David Green
- Publisher Name: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Total Pages: 118
- Price- $27 for paper book
People analytics is another data analytics book for a beginner which starts from very basic and scale up to the advanced level. The major focus of this book is HR/people analytics and can be extended to other niches as well.
The book helps you to be ready for the future of human resources and get you prepared to get the best outcome from business and employees. After reading this book, you will be able to do the following but not limited to-
- Understand HR analytics from a broad perspective
- Understand the difference between HR analytics and HR reporting
- Scope of HR analytics and what value it is adding to the process
- What it will take to build the HR analytics team
- How you can implement HR analytics from scratch to any organization
- What precautions you should take to prevent the failure
This book is perfect for all those who are new to the analytics and especially willing to make a career in the HR analytics field. If you don’t even know what is IT or stat, this book is perfect for you.
#3 Data Analytics and Python Programming
- Book Full Name: Data Analytics and Python Programming. Beginners Guide to Learn Data Analytics, Predictive Analytics and Data Science with Python Programming (Hacking Freedom and Data-Driven)
- Author Name: Isaac D. Cody
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Total Pages: 264
- Price: Kindle- $4.53; Paper Book- $19.95
This is another perfect book to learn data analysis from scratch. With this data analysis book for the beginner, you will be learning the below-
- Why your business should be using data analytics
- Issues with using big data
- Effective data management and analysis
- Real-world data management examples
- Different forms of data management with examples
- How data management, data mining, data integration, and data warehousing work together
- The how-to guide to implementing data analysis for large-scale business
- A step-by-step guide to data analytics for business
- Data visualization tools used in industry
#4 Learn Business Analytics in Six Steps Using SAS and R
- Book Name: Learn Business Analytics in Six Steps Using SAS and R: A Practical, Step-by-Step Guide to Learning Business Analytics
- Author Name: Subhashini Sharma Tripathi
- Publisher: Apress
- Total Pages: 219
- Price: Kindle- $33.56; Paperback: $38.28-$42.74
This data analytics book teaches you to implement the analytics in the business with the help of two very popular tools SAS and R. Irrespective of the niches you are working, this best data analysis book will help you get the best out of your analytics business in a quite faster way.
With this data analytics book for the beginner, you will be learning the following-
- Use the DCOVA and I process: Define, Collect, Organize, Visualize, Analyze, and Insights.
- Harness both SAS and R, the star analytics technologies in the industry
- Use various tools to solve significant business challenges
- Understand how the tools relate to business analytics
- See seven case studies for hands-on practice
This is a perfect data analytics book for the IT professionals who wish to solve business problems by using the data. Or if you are someone who is willing to enter into the data analytics field then also this is an ideal data analysis book. Even if you are working on SAS and R and want to get to the core of analytics, this can be the ideal place to start.
#5 Data Analytics for Beginners
- Book Name: Data Analytics for Beginners: A Beginner’s Guide to Learn and Master Data Analytics
- Author: Robert J. Woz
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
- Total Pages: 112
- Price: Kindle- $2.93; Paperback- $10.38
If you don’t even know data, this data analytics book will help you take you from there and get your master’s in the data analytics field. The book starts with the very basics of data analytics and how data should be analyzed to give you complete analytics. With this book, you will be learning below-
- How data should be understood?
- Terms and concepts used in data analysis.
- Data mining and the different kinds of databases used to store data.
- How information can be retrieved and manipulated in the database to create a visual representation of what you want to know?
- The life cycle of data analysis.
Collecting data is one thing but analyzing it for the best of uses and analytics is the need of today’s time. And this data analysis book for beginner has focused on that part smartly.
#6 Practical Real-time Data Processing and Analytics
- Book Name: Practical Real-time Data Processing and Analytics: Distributed Computing and Event Processing using Apache Spark, Flink, Storm, and Kafka
- Authors: Shilpi Saxena and Saurabh Gupta
- Publisher: Packt
- Total Pages: 360
- Price: Kindle- $10.09; Paperback: $49.99
This book majorly covers the real-time data analytics problems and tackle with tools like Apache Spark, Flink, Storm, and Kafka. So, if you have some knowledge about big data and Hadoop, this can be one of the ideal books for you.
You will be learning the various challenges occurring while dealing with real-time data processing and the tools to solve those problems. This data analytics book has been developed keeping the real-time and distributed processing in mind.
If you are already working with some programming language like Java, then this will be quite helpful to you. Some knowledge of real-time processing is required for this book.
With this data analytics book, you will be learning-
- An overview with real-time data processing stack
- How different components are integrated
- How to design a real-time application and scale it
- Garnish the search and visualization aspects for your real-time solution
- In-depth knowledge about real-time analytics
- Apply your knowledge and solve some highly critical use cases in different niches
#7 Designing data-intensive applications
- Book Name: Designing Data-Intensive Applications: The Big Ideas Behind Reliable, Scalable, and Maintainable Systems
- Author: Martin Kleppmann
- Publisher: O’Reilly
- Pages: 614
- Price: Kindle- $20.67; Paperback- $25-$27.39
This book to design the data-intensive application is for you if-
- You want to learn how to make data system scalable
- Designing a high availability solution for enterprise
- If you want to know how some big websites like Amazon is actually working
- If you want to design some highly scalable and reliable solution
#8 Data Analytics for Beginners
- Book Name: Data Analytics: Data Analytics Made Accessibly
- Author: Tech World
- Publisher: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Pages: 80
- Price: Kindle- $3.16; Paperback- $13.38
This data analytics book helps you understand data analytics from scratch. Upon completion, your insightful-driven decisions can help organizations manage their strategic, operation, and financial performance that can help them increase their shareholder value.
This is a perfect book for all those who are working in some other field but trying to move to data analytics. This data analytics book for beginners will help you start from very basic, understand what all tools and technologies are required, and the problems associated with the large scale with a solution.
#9 Data Analytics: Become A Master in Data Analytics
- Book Name: Data Analytics: Become A Master in Data Analytics
- Author: Richard Dorsey
- Pages: 70
- Price: $17.99 for paperback
With these basic data analytics for beginner book, you are going to learn the following-
- The risks of data analytics
- The types of data analytics that are out there in the world
- What the decision tree is
- The benefits of using data analytics
- Real-world examples will show you how you are going to be able to take this knowledge and apply it to your everyday life.
As said above as well, gathering the data is quite easy and you can do so using any data ingestion technique but managing and implementing the right data analytics technique is something which value. And this data analysis book has been successful with these. So, if you are a complete beginner or someone who has some insight into data, this is a perfect book to get started.
#10 Data Analytics- Essential guide to business analytics
- Book name: Data Analytics: An Essential Beginner’s Guide to Data Mining, Data Collection, Big Data Analytics for Business, And Business Intelligence Concepts
- Author: Herbert Jones
- Price: Kindle- $2.85; Paperback- $13.42
This beginner guide to data analytics is helping you with the concept of data mining, data collection, big data analytics for business, and business intelligence concepts. The book has clearly explained how data analytics is changing the way businesses used to make decisions. The book deeply covers the following aspects of data analytics-
- Overview of Data Analytics: What Is Data Analytics (And Big Data Analytics)?
- Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Data Analysis and Data Analytics
- Data Mining
- Data Collection
- Types of Data Analytics
- The Process: The Lifecycle of Big Data Analytics
- Behavioral Analytics: Using Big Data Analytics to Find Hidden Customer Behaviour Patterns
- Further Pattern Discovery in Advanced Analytics: Machine Learning and more
So, if you are someone who is looking to implement the data analytics in your organization or working on data analytics use cases, this is a perfect place to get started.
These were the 10 best data analytics books for beginner one should read to get started with the amazing world of data analytics. If you will see, currently in the IT field, data, AI, blockchain, RPA, and dev-ops are leading the market. And to be relevant in the market, you should quickly grab one of these. And I can say, data analytics is one of the best skill you can have today.